Donate to Iceni
Anyone who donates to Iceni can rest assured their money will provide help to families and children who need it most.
Help us change families’ lives for the better
At Iceni, we rely on donations to continue to provide the support we do to so many families.
We are committed to using your donations to break the circle of addiction, domestic violence and deprivation, and give children the opportunity to have a healthy, happy and safe start in life.
Whether you donate £1, £100 or £10,000, every donation helps us to give families support when they need it most, and we will honour your generous contribution by ensuring it is spent effectively to create meaningful change.
How to donate to Iceni
There are several ways to make a donation to Iceni:
- You can make a regular monthly donation by Direct Debit.
- You can also donate online as a one-off gift.
- You can TEXT 70070 with the word ICEN12, followed by the amount you wish to donate, e.g. £10.
- You can donate over the phone by calling 01473 214006 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
- By post: please send us a cheque, made payable to Iceni Ipswich, 74-78 Foundation Street, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4 1BN
How are donations used?
When you donate to us, if you know which project or aspect of our work you would like it to be assigned to, you can let us know, otherwise we will assign it to the area with the greatest need at the time.
What we can guarantee is that every pound plays a critical role in helping us improve the welfare and future of hundreds of children in Ipswich and Suffolk affected by addiction and deprivation.How We Spend Your Money
How does Iceni keep administration costs low?
Iceni are diligent in keeping our administration costs as low as possible, thus ensuring that donations are used effectively and efficiently. We want as much of our funding as possible to support our work, and there are a number of ways we are able to keep our administrative rate as low as possible.
What we do:
- We treat our donors as important stakeholders and keep them informed about the impact they are making.
- We rely on volunteers to help offset as many administrative support functions as possible.
- Our staff, many of whom have been with Iceni for nine years or more, are here because they are committed to the mission of what we do and how we do it, not because of how much we pay.
What we don’t do:
- We don’t employ third-party fundraising organisations to raise money on our behalf.
- We don’t do direct mail campaigns to solicit new donors.
- We don’t hire anyone to stand on street corners asking for money from people passing by.
- We don’t use telemarketers.
- We don’t hire high-priced fundraising consultants.
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a government scheme that allows charities to reclaim the tax on your donations. This means that every £10 you give under the Gift Aid scheme is worth £12.50 to us – at no extra cost to you.
By completing a Gift Aid declaration, Iceni can reclaim 25% on a donation from HM Revenue & Customs. To qualify for Gift Aid, you must pay an amount of UK tax (Income and/or Capital Gains Tax), which is at least equal to the amount we will reclaim in each tax year, which is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
We strongly encourage visits to our centre to experience for yourself the impact that your donation has on the lives of children and families we support. We believe that anyone who supports us is entitled to see for themselves the work we do, where we do it and how we do it.
Whether you are an individual, a foundation, a business or a local community group, please contact us on 01473 214006 to arrange a convenient time for your visit to Iceni.Contact Us